Friday 21 December 2012

Christmas Treats (& Chocolates!!)

I'm not the greatest fan of Christmas, I'll be honest, I tend to hermitise at this time of year, spending time reading and keeping extra warm and cosy under lovely blankets and pillows, but the one thing I do love about this time of year, is the excuse to make home made gifts for my friends and family. I had a few ideas for gifts already, but found myself inspired to make some chocolatey treats after finding this recipe on this wonderful blog..http://www.thesweetlifeonline.com/2012/11/26/hot-chocolate-mix-three-ways/ ...
..and so I got set to work on my own..




I followed the recipe from the blog mentioned above, I just added a little ground ginger to one of the batches and I used soft brown sugar instead of powdered sugar. I also contemplated using dark brown muscavado sugar, but wasn't sure how it would turn out..so am saving that experiment for a rainy day..

I sampled it out before hand..and oh my..what a treat it is..warming and cosy and chocolatey!..very Christmassy :)


After a mega serving of this magical stuff, I then got started on decorating the jars and made as Christmas gifts for mi dear ma and also nan and granadad...




I also made a few cards for close friends and family too, I hadn't set on sending out any cards this year, but once I got started with the homemade hot chocolate gift..I felt the urge for more crafty Christmas making coming on..




...then I felt the urge for more chocolate making!..



I made this batch with macadamia nuts, the full recipe can be found here.. http://www.wutherswebofcakes.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/raw-chocolates.html

I then wrapped and decorated them in separate tubs to give to friends for Christmas gifts...





with a little loving help from my butterfly friends..


and I was so good I never ate one..not one...or two..or three...



..promise!

;)

Happy Solstice and Merry Chocolatey Christmas!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment